After reading through my book proof yet another time, I was amazed at how many edits I found! It really helped having that actual book in my hands. My conundrum was, how to explain what the edits were, and where! Because the Epilogue was left out by an oversight, the Table of Contents had to be changed, just as a start in the edits.
Then I noticed the categories that my book was labeled under. Mystery/Detective! No way. Those needed to be changed also. This was getting serious and I was only supposed to have 100 edits. Dang! As many were an oversight, I feel 127 edits should pass. But again, how do I correctly communicate the edits, using “sticky notes” in Adobe Reader. This is yet another new program in which I need to find my way around.
Tosha kept me cool and calm and assured me it should all be ok. I should received the final back in 2 – 4 weeks. Well, it’s almost 2 weeks now, and I feel I need to communicate with the editor and head off any snafu’s. We are so close, yet so far. This last has to be perfection, both for my sake, the book’s sake, and the professional product from Tate Publishing. I feel like I am in limbo, but I am trusting all will be just fine. There’s that word again, fine! (An inside book joke.)
To tantalize a bit more, here is another illustration – “The Gypsies!”